Table of Contents
List of the Largest to Smallest States of India in terms of Area
The official name of India is the Republic of India. It is a country of the Asia Continent. It is situated on the western fringe of the Indian Ocean. It lies midway between South East Asia and South West Asia. India is the second-most populated country in the world and also the seventh- largest country by land in the world, with a total area of 3,287,263 sq. km. India measures 3,214 km from north to south and 2,933 km from east to west. It has a land frontier of 15,200 km and a coastline of 7,516.6 km. At the present situation, India has 28 states and 8 union territories. New Delhi is the capital of India. This article is based on the list of the largest to smallest states of India in terms of area. The largest state of India in terms of area is Rajasthan and the smallest state of India in terms of area is Goa. However, the top 10 largest states of India in the list cover almost 66% of the area of India.
To know about the list of the largest to smallest states of India in terms of area, refer to the table below.
|Rank||State||Region||Area in km2||% Of India’s Total Land|
Some important fact
- The largest state of India in terms of area is Rajasthan.
- The top 5 largest states of India in terms of area are Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
- The top 10 largest states of India in terms of area are Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Tamil Nadu.
- The smallest state of India in terms of area is Goa.
- The 5 smallest states of India in terms of area are Goa, Sikkim, Tripura, Nagaland and Mizoram.